Our mission is to improve the skills, tactics and mindset of anyone who seeks to protect themselves, loved ones or clients in life-threatening situations.
Ohio Concealed Carry Handgun Training (CCW/CHL)
Ohio Concealed Carry Training Class
If your intention is to obtain an Ohio Concealed Handgun License this is the course for you. We guarantee that you will feel welcome in our non-intimidating training environment. Our courses are engaging, captivating and fun no matter what level of firearms experience you have.
The Ohio Strategic Defense Academy ltd Ohio Concealed Carry Handgun Course meets and exceeds the state’s training requirements for obtaining an Ohio Concealed Handgun License (CHL, CCW). The law says it only has to be 8 hours. Our training is a two-day, twenty-hour course!
- Basic handgun knowledge and safe gun handling
- Drawing from a holster
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Powers of Observation and Mindset
- Recognizing violence before it begins
- Ohio Concealed Carry Law
- Police response
- Combat Shooting a handgun and weapon retention
- Semi-auto pistol or revolver
- Two magazines (or speed loaders) with holders
- 100 rounds of ammunition
- Safety glasses, and hearing protection for use during range qualification
Ohio Concealed Carry License (CCW, CHL) - Class Schedule
|Date||Time||CCW/CHL - $150|
|January 28 & 29, 2017||7am-6pm|
|February 25 & 26, 2017||7am-6pm|
|March 25 & 26, 2017||8am-7pm|
|April 29 & 30, 2017||8am-7pm|
|June 24 & 25, 2017||8am-7pm|
|July 22 & 23, 2017||8am-7pm|
|August 26 & 27, 2017||8am-7pm|
|September 23 & 24, 2017||8am-7pm|
|October 21 & 22, 2017||8am-7pm|
|November 11 & 12, 2017||8am-7pm|
|December 9 & 10, 2017||8am-7pm|
For more Ohio Concealed Carry CCW/CHL information, please visit the following websites:
- Ohio’s Attorney General’s Concealed Carry
- Ohio Concealed Carry Law Manual – This is a summary of Ohio’s law and a required read for applying for the license (also referred to as the Pamphlet provided by the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission (PTC).
- Ohio Concealed Carry Application – To be completed when applying for the license.
- Ohio’s Reciprocity Agreements – Additional states Ohio license holders can conceal carry in (you’ll have to follow the laws for the state that you are carrying in)
Serving the Columbus Ohio firearms training needs including:
Dublin, Gahanna, Grove City, Hilliard, Upper Arlington, Reynoldsburg, Worthington, Downtown, Westerville, Whitehall, Canal Winchester, Clintonville, Bexley, German Village, Grandview Heights, New Albany, Short North and Powell.
3971 Hoover Road #235 Grove City, OH 43123
Briar Rabbit Ohio Shooting Sports
2949 Granger Hill Road, Zanesville, OH 43701